Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0101 code and superchargers

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 01:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0101 code and superchargers

I have installed a Powerdyne Supercharger on a 4.3 and keep having problems getting a P0101 code. I am also having a problem with a slight "ping" when the engine shifts at around 5k rpm. Any sugestions?
Thanks
Old 08-23-2004, 02:12 PM
Launching!

A 4.3L eh?

A P0101 code is for your MAF sensor.

The PCM monitors the MAF frequency and compares it to what it thinks your airflow should look like. It will determine if your sensor is off if it is not doing what the PCM thinks it should. The MAF diagnostic test uses the MAP, IAT and engine speed to calculate an expected airflow. Then it compares that to the actual. If the values are outside a calibrated range than the code will set.

What octane fuel are you running in your supercharged engine? You need to run higher octane to slow down your burn. When you hear pinging or knocking in your engine the first thing you do is take your foot off the gas! At 5K your engine is running at higher load with more pressure so by using higher octane fuel you can slow down the burn rate and hopefully solve the problem.

You might wanna jump into the Forced Induction section too - those guys are really good with these things.
Old 08-23-2004, 05:49 PM
TECH Regular

Don't forget colder heat range spark plugs...

There is a table in LS1Edit that allows adjustment of the P0101 test values. This should be able to fix your problem. I assume hptuners can also access this table.
Old 10-16-2004, 11:37 AM
Teching In

Default P0101

Originally Posted by deezel
Don't forget colder heat range spark plugs...

There is a table in LS1Edit that allows adjustment of the P0101 test values. This should be able to fix your problem. I assume hptuners can also access this table.
I have the same situation.. 03' S10 with Powerdyne and LS6 MAF. I used to throw the code quite a bit on deacceleration but has been cut to a minimum with the LS6 MAF. I just ordered a ls1 edit so made that will take it out completely...
Interested in talking to you if you have a 4.3 S10 Blown, not to many with edit which I am really new too and would like to share info...
email me direct at

seayahawaii@hawaii.rr.com

Quick Reply: P0101 code and superchargers