Sponsored by:

HP Tuner qustion.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 06:22 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default HP Tuner qustion.....

Lets say I have a file from edit in my car.
I then read it and then copy it.

Could I then put in the exact same info using HP tuners and make the file look exactly like my old edit file?That way I could tweek this NEW file with HP Tuners but in case I did something wrong I would have my older edit file saved?
Old 08-24-2004, 06:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JS
Lets say I have a file from edit in my car.
I then read it and then copy it.

Could I then put in the exact same info using HP tuners and make the file look exactly like my old edit file?That way I could tweek this NEW file with HP Tuners but in case I did something wrong I would have my older edit file saved?
You could come very close, but it is possible that it would not be exact. You have to account for a lot of things, most importantly options that one piece of software supports that the other doesn't.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:47 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Yes but how different is that,I mean the pcm functions work the same so if your putting in the same info u would think it work the same?
Old 08-25-2004, 07:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

If you already have an edit tune in your car, and you read the PCM with HPT, it will automatically save your configuration as an HPtuners .bin file. You can then edit it however you like...After you are done editing just do a "save as" and name it something different. Now you will have two file...One is the original "edit image" that you downloaded from your PCM...and the other is your edited version. I hope this makes since.
Old 08-25-2004, 10:30 AM
JS
10 Second Club

OMG that is great,are u sure I can do that....
If so I'm buying HP tomorrow....

Thanks....
Old 08-25-2004, 11:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yes I am for sure...as a matter of fact my car was originaly tuned by MTI using Edit...The first thing I did when I recieved my HPT was to read my PCM and save a copy of the MTI tune...I named it MTI.bin. Then from there I started making changes, and named the new tunes ie... 1,2,3, etc. Yes it works great...just get it, you will not regret it. Also the best part is, if I screw up real bad or get real out of whack I can always re-upload my MTI.bin and be good to go.
Old 08-25-2004, 02:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by WS6snake-eater
Yes I am for sure...as a matter of fact my car was originaly tuned by MTI using Edit...The first thing I did when I recieved my HPT was to read my PCM and save a copy of the MTI tune...I named it MTI.bin. Then from there I started making changes, and named the new tunes ie... 1,2,3, etc. Yes it works great...just get it, you will not regret it. Also the best part is, if I screw up real bad or get real out of whack I can always re-upload my MTI.bin and be good to go.
yep, that's the way to do it.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:41 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Awesome!!!!
Old 08-28-2004, 02:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Does anyone know if HPT doesnt support all that edit does. I know edit has been out longer