Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help with neighbors car

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 11:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default help with neighbors car

My neighbor has a 2000 Saturn and it threw a code so I scanned it today. First off, I thought Saturn would be GM so A-Tap would work but it didn't. It wouldn't get a vin then wouldn't get param's. Anyhow, I have another hand held scanner that I pulled the code with. P0171 bank 1 lean. It's a 4 banger so no bank 2. The exhaust tip is sooted up and I was thinking bad O2 but the lean code got me to second guessing. I'm starting to think intake gasket leak or bad injector now. It starts and idles fine, he says severe loss of power going up hills and what not. If you stab the gas it cuts out before reving up. Any idea's on where to start trouble shooting it at? O2's are $150 a piece for this thing so I don't want him to just run out and drop $150 if that's not what's wrong with it. I started out swearing it was an O2 but after pulling the code and seeing the lean bank 1 code I'm not so sure anymore. Anyone know where I might find if the saturn uses the same O2's in both B1S1 and B1S2? If I could just swap those to test them that would be a huge help since I can't view the O2 mv's with A-Tap. Thanks for any help you guys can give me.
Old 08-29-2004, 06:36 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fuel pump/ filter?