Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cam installed, accessory problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 06:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question cam installed, accessory problem

Had my cam installed, car LS1 Edit tuned, by a sponsor. Now when I turn my A/C or Defrost on the car hesitates, and sometimes I hear a squeaking noise coming from the fan. Sometimes the fan shuts off altogether. Anybody ahve similar issues with install/tuning? Should I take it back to the tuner or to the dealer (it's under warranty). Thanks
Old 08-29-2004, 06:18 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had issues after my cam install, my tuner spent a good hour messing with the idle with good results. Have you drilled out the throttle plate?
Old 08-29-2004, 06:19 AM
9 Second Club

PS: no problems with squeeking or fan cut off.
Old 08-29-2004, 06:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd rather not drill a hole in the throttle plate. It idles fine without the accessories on.
Old 08-29-2004, 04:50 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DD966
I'd rather not drill a hole in the throttle plate. It idles fine without the accessories on.
The squeaking could be many issues but most likely they spilled anti-freeze on your A/C belt when they disconnected the hoses. It is very common. I actually had to replace both of my belts, I could spray belt dressing on the belts and it would quit for a while and then come back in a short time later. Replacing them made it go away for good. It also could be idler pulley or the tensior. Some shops take these off when doing the install and they are very sensitive to retorquing correctly. Too much and it will damage them and you will need to replace them. I would first get a can of belt dressing\cleaner and spray your belts while it is running with the A/C on and see if the squeak goes away. If it does it is most likely the belt(s).

The issue you are describing about the A/C causing problems with your idle is tuning related. I initially had this problem with my cam with the stock tune and corrected it with HP Tuners. It sounds like they may have only tuned it with the A/C off or on the dyno in which is usually is always off.