Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hp tuning on nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 08:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Hp tuning on nitrous

I just put a 150 shot of nx to my 2001 z28 it runs awesome I have a friend that purchased hp tune and had speed inc dyno tune his car for him. Funny thing is I have an 01 and he has a 00 but hte tuning program still worked fine for my car. We were able to delete the shift skip form the car by setting the enable on and the enable off mph at zero, but that was about the extent that we could figure out. My question is a have heard of people running a slightly retarded timing with nitrous but I wasn't quite sure where to start when I was looking at the tables. Currently my only mods are slp lib and ram air, magnaflow catback 80 mm throttle body and tr6 plugs msd wires and k and n filter. but I have plans for headers and intake manifold(strangely my car has an egr must be a roll over year hence why the hp tune works on it.) I wanted to know if there are any things that I can do to pull more out of the car both one and off the spray. I also have a spec stage 3 clutch if that has any impact. Any help would be greatly appeciated
Old 08-31-2004, 09:52 PM
TECH Addict

My timing is stock on a 150 wet shot. I am having no problems.

YOU should look and make sure you're not getting any knock and then do some searching in this forum about this very subject.

good luck!
Old 09-01-2004, 11:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Depends on what timing your running stock can be ok. Some cars run 28 stock and that is not ok. On a 150 shot I would run absolutely no more than 22 if you want the motor to last a long time and no leaner than 12.5 a/f.
Old 09-01-2004, 04:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Right now the timing is stock, And I am not have any problems, this is strictly to try to get a little more out of the either on or off the spray
Old 09-01-2004, 11:45 PM
On The Tree

You're only going to see around 10hp with that additional 7 degrees of timing but the risk of hurting the motor goes up a ton. If you're running for $5000 then that 10 horse may be worth it, but why risk it?