PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just bought a hypertech and what setting do you guys or gals use?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2004, 05:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just bought a hypertech and what setting do you guys or gals use?

i bought a hypertech today and what types of setting should i use, the rev limiter whats the best setting for it? what should i set it to? and shift points and shift firmness, what should i set these to? what setting are you guys using? my car is a 00 camaro LS1, automatic..thanks
Old 09-03-2004, 11:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you're stock valvetrain... i would bump the rev limiter up much... maybe 100RPM max

shift firmness is a personal preference... (so long as you don't have a shift kit already, if you do don't touch that) ... I used to run 100% on mine

Shift points... what are you shifting at now? (1-2, 2-3) (RPM wise) ... remember the stock tach is way off... it's best to log the car and see what RPM it's shifting at and then bump it up...

Any other mods? Depending on mods the power programming can range from ... may give you a tenth to may take away several tenths... what kinda 1/4 mile times u running right now? (ET and MPH)
Old 09-04-2004, 02:08 AM
On The Tree

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

another question is should i use the power tuning of the hypertech? i bought it cause i will be getting 373 gears,, and iam curious if the power tuning is worth doing? my car is pretty much stock only mods i have is the slp y pipe, slp loudmouth exhaust, slp air lid, slp bellows, should i use the power tuning? ive heard that many people lost power and this makes the car run lean? any experiences with it? also what shift points would be good for 373 gears?
Old 09-04-2004, 10:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best bet w/the power tuning is to try it at the track... so you can see if you're losing power... I know more that have lost power than gained power with it though.... (it basically slightly adjusts your timing tables, and leans you out... if your car runs lean from the factory this additional leaning can become slightly dangerous)
Old 09-05-2004, 12:34 AM
On The Tree

whats the best shift point settings for 373 gears?