PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help! how to delete/revise torque management?

Old 09-04-2004, 01:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Please help! how to delete/revise torque management?

I'm going to put in a new tranny and I read this:

We recommend the Diablo Sport Predator (#20X) be used on all 1998 up 4L60E performance transmissions for the following reason. All 1998 ups have a Torque Management System that picks up the higher stall speed and firmer shifts. When this happens the computer thinks there's a problem and turns the pressure down. Then it detects a slip and turns the pressure up too high and blows the end out of the clutch drum. This problem is corrected with the use of the Predator.

So as far as I'm concerned the predator does not work with a 98 LS1. Does anyone know about other possibilities to delete/revise the torque management settings on a 98 LS1 Camaro?

Any help is apreciated. thx
Old 09-04-2004, 03:48 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Z28camaroLS1
I'm going to put in a new tranny and I read this:

We recommend the Diablo Sport Predator (#20X) be used on all 1998 up 4L60E performance transmissions for the following reason. All 1998 ups have a Torque Management System that picks up the higher stall speed and firmer shifts. When this happens the computer thinks there's a problem and turns the pressure down. Then it detects a slip and turns the pressure up too high and blows the end out of the clutch drum. This problem is corrected with the use of the Predator.

So as far as I'm concerned the predator does not work with a 98 LS1. Does anyone know about other possibilities to delete/revise the torque management settings on a 98 LS1 Camaro?

Any help is apreciated. thx

HPTuners.com
Old 09-04-2004, 04:54 PM
TECH Addict

Torque management can be changed or removed completely with HPTuners. Predator is not an option for us anyways.
Old 09-04-2004, 10:32 PM
On The Tree

thanks for your inputs. Gonna buy the HPtuner.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Please help! how to delete/revise torque management?