PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wow, got a dyno pull today...wtf to do with this mess?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 11:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default wow, got a dyno pull today...wtf to do with this mess?

I don't know where to even begin. The resolution on the wideband is finer then what ls1 edit allows me to tune the PE vs RPM table, so I need to figure out another way to smooth out this curve.

Not to mention the fact this car isn't making any power like it should. It's a 99 Z28 with a GTP 420 cam (226/226 .595/.595), comp 918 springs and HD pushrods, ford 36# injectors, hooker long tubes, ORY, hooker aerochamber muffler, lid w/K&N, free ram air, tb coolant bypass, egr and a.i.r. delete, SY3500 converter, 3.42 gears, etc

Why the hell could this thing not even hit 300rwhp on a mustang dyno? Altitudes is around 800ft, ambient temp was 86 degrees.

First pull averaged about 11.5:1 a/f ratio. I adjusted the PE vs RPM table and got it closer to 12.5-12.9, but there's some abnormal crap going on there too that doesn't make sense (see the pic).

My problems are two-fold:
1st, the a/f issue...
2nd, is it dyno error or something wrong with the car producing these abysmal numbers?
Attached Thumbnails wow, got a dyno pull today...wtf to do with this mess?-dyno.jpg  

Last edited by Timberwolf; 09-22-2004 at 11:08 PM.
Old 09-23-2004, 12:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Have you had the car on the track at all yet?
Can you hear anything that sounds like it's wrong?
Were your IFR's scaled properly for those injectors?
Old 09-23-2004, 02:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is a flaky looking zigzag in the a/f at the end...

What was going on with ignition timing / knock retard during those pulls?
That could be part of it.
Old 09-23-2004, 03:04 PM
On The Tree

as far as the file goes, I had Seth (the guy who was offering to tune for $50 a file) set me up with a baseline. he set it up for the new injectors, etc. I adjusted power enrichment vs rpm down from 1.12 to 1.08 because it initially was running at 11.5:1 afr... I got it closer to 12.5-12.9 doing that. But my laptop battery died and Iforgott he spare so I couldn't log the diagnostics during the pulls. I am going to go find a stretch of road shortly and see if I can get a good log. Unfortunately, all I have is ls1_scan to do it. So hopefully I can make it somewhat understandable. I know for a fact the scan software shows knock retard 10x what it really is...Ken Kelly told me that himself. So we'll see what else is screwy here shortly.