Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ok guys, Need help with MAF

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 08:18 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Ok guys, Need help with MAF

1st off I have been getting a low voltage input on the MAF code for about three weeks now. The code seems to come & go on its own sometimes its fine & other times the car spits, sputters, smokes & then dies. After the engine shuts off it WANT start without giving it some gas, Once I get it started again it sounds like its running on 5 cylinders, It smokes bad and smells like gas the whole time. I was messing with the 3 wires to see if it would be a bad conection, & I found that if you wiggle the pink wire the car would clear up until you let go then returns back the the spitting, sputtering, & smoking. I had another plug so I figured I would swap them out to see if a new one would cure my problem. Well I ended up braking the factory plug and the other plug doesnt fit. Any of you have a clue on whats wrong with my car? Where Can I get the plug for the MAF with the wires already included?

BTW- I have checked the engine sensor fuse it wasnt blown
Old 09-27-2004, 01:54 PM
10 Second Club

Ok I got a plug from the dealer ship, & all the wires are white. So could someone tell me which wire goes where? I know the pink wire goes closest to the driver side of the car. Which one goes next? black or yellow?
Old 09-27-2004, 05:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Black and then yellow
Old 09-27-2004, 08:41 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Team ZR-1
Black and then yellow
Thanks alot.. I did get the plug hooked up. It ran fine when I first started the car but now its right back to where it was spitting, sputtering, smoking.. And smells like gas.. It doesnt have a SES light. But does anybody have a clue whats wrong? My next step to solving this problem requires a can of gas & a match if you catch my drift.. So can someone please help me diagnose my car ASAP?
Old 09-28-2004, 07:40 AM
10 Second Club

anybody know?
Old 09-28-2004, 07:58 AM
B T
Launching!

If your running other than the OEM MAF I would try a MAFT...

That fixed the very same problem on mine.

Good luck!

BT
Sounds like a wire problem or the MAF is out of range, try and reset your cars puta.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:46 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by B T
If your running other than the OEM MAF I would try a MAFT...

That fixed the very same problem on mine.

Good luck!

BT
Sounds like a wire problem or the MAF is out of range, try and reset your cars puta.
Its a stock MAF... I did reset the PCM last night no code so far. But its still running like ****!
Old 09-28-2004, 05:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 99PewterZ28
Its a stock MAF... I did reset the PCM last night no code so far. But its still running like ****!

Unplug your MAF and run the car. If it is running better then more than likely the sensor is either dirty or bad. Hit the sensor wires with some carb cleaner and see if that helps out.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:07 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by biggnome
Unplug your MAF and run the car. If it is running better then more than likely the sensor is either dirty or bad. Hit the sensor wires with some carb cleaner and see if that helps out.
I fixed it.. All it needed was some TLC... Just kidding I took it out and raised hell in it for about 10 mins. Now its running perfect! see its been sitting for 3 weeks getting painted... So its only moved about 10 to 20 feet at a time.. Thanks, For the help....