PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Understanding Injector Pulse Width...

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 06:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Understanding Injector Pulse Width...

I recently swapped my factory 26lb injectors for set of 30lb SVO injectors I bought some time ago..After doing a search on this site and many others I've read where people have installed bigger injectors and made them work without any tuning to the PCM..

Well after I started the car it was way rich with LTrims in the -15.0 range..I've worked with a translator to get them down to a -1.25 and at WOT locked at "0"..02's between .890-.900 at WOT also...

In a couple of weeks the car is going to be tuned at Thunder and my question is will driving the car with the bigger injectors hurt anything because right now the car starts fine and runs strong ?? Not going into alot of details the engine is a Heads and Cam motor that made 400 RWHP with a Vig 3600 converter unlocked a couple of years ago..

Any help will be greatly appreciated...
Old 09-27-2004, 08:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by So Slow
I recently swapped my factory 26lb injectors for set of 30lb SVO injectors I bought some time ago..After doing a search on this site and many others I've read where people have installed bigger injectors and made them work without any tuning to the PCM..

Well after I started the car it was way rich with LTrims in the -15.0 range..I've worked with a translator to get them down to a -1.25 and at WOT locked at "0"..02's between .890-.900 at WOT also...

In a couple of weeks the car is going to be tuned at Thunder and my question is will driving the car with the bigger injectors hurt anything because right now the car starts fine and runs strong ?? Not going into alot of details the engine is a Heads and Cam motor that made 400 RWHP with a Vig 3600 converter unlocked a couple of years ago..

Any help will be greatly appreciated...

As long as the l-trims are near zero throughout the cruising range, then the computer is doing a pretty good job of keeping the AFR around 14.7:1. I would not get on it and you should have no issues.

Gary
Old 09-28-2004, 04:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have an automatic, then the shift pressures may be getting reduced a little.

Seems like I read in a few places that this is a side effect of reporting less air...