Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ed Wright Tune and HP Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 09:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ed Wright Tune and HP Tuner

I presently have a Ed Wright tune on my car (mistake) Ive recently purchased an HP tuner. Will I have to get my computer flashed back to stock or can i tune over his? I know he locks his tunes. But i thought Ive seen on this forum , where someone had the same deal and was able to tune over his without flashing computer back to stock. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
Old 10-20-2004, 10:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

I have heard that you can read tunes that are locked by ls1edit with hptuners. Why dont you hook it up to your laptop and let us know
Old 10-21-2004, 03:33 PM
Launching!

If you searched you'd find a thread started by me on the same subject. I was in the same boat, tried it and it read/wrote fine. Someone who probably had no expirence with subject said to look at the data, thats its all scrambled but that definetely was not the case. After comparing my Wright tune to a stock *.bin I'm was pissed to see that I wasted $450 on a small timing table change and with a small offset in the MAF table at higher frequencies. People learn from me, buy HPTuners, read the forum info (everything has been covered here or there) and do it yourself. You save money and learn a lot on LS1's EFI system.
Old 10-22-2004, 02:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Man that sucks that you paid that much for so little tune, well thanks for sharing the knowledge.