PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to HP Tuners - Couple Questions???

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 06:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question New to HP Tuners - Couple Questions???

I'm new to the HP Tuners scene & have a couple questions ( I would have asked this on the HP Tuners Site Forum but they still have not emailed me my password after registering?)

I have a 2000 WS6 A4 that was dyno tuned by a vendor using LS1Edit. I want to be able to go back and change/tweak some items. This particular vendor is 4.5 hrs away & there are no competant tuners in my area.

He will edit his original tune if I remove my PCM and send it to him - but this is very inconvenient, and I feel this would be 'hit & miss' since the car would not physically be there for the tune.

#1 Will the Std. VCM Suite read in my current custom LS1Edit tune and save it as the 'stock' base tune?

#2 Will it then allow me to change/edit this tune with the ability to always go back to my initial custom LS1Edit tune?

#3 Is Std. VCM compatible with WinXP?

TIA,
-Jay-
Old 10-22-2004, 09:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1QUIKWS6
I'm new to the HP Tuners scene & have a couple questions ( I would have asked this on the HP Tuners Site Forum but they still have not emailed me my password after registering?)

I have a 2000 WS6 A4 that was dyno tuned by a vendor using LS1Edit. I want to be able to go back and change/tweak some items. This particular vendor is 4.5 hrs away & there are no competant tuners in my area.

He will edit his original tune if I remove my PCM and send it to him - but this is very inconvenient, and I feel this would be 'hit & miss' since the car would not physically be there for the tune.

#1 Will the Std. VCM Suite read in my current custom LS1Edit tune and save it as the 'stock' base tune?

#2 Will it then allow me to change/edit this tune with the ability to always go back to my initial custom LS1Edit tune?

#3 Is Std. VCM compatible with WinXP?

TIA,
-Jay-
Regarding their message board not emailing you w/a password... that's an automated process... check your SPAM/Junk Mail folder on your mail (I'm assuming you're using hotmail or yahoo or something like that?) ... it prolly flagged the email as junk mail and moved it there, if not just go in and say you forgot your password and it should re-email it to you

1. Most likely yes ... so long as the tuner didn't lock your PCM (and even then depending on how he locked it HPT may still be able to read it). You can save it as whatever file name you want... and if you wanted a 100% stock tune, lots of them are on the .bin repository (see top sticky)
2. Correct. So long as once you save a copy of your current PCM tune and don't overwrite that file , you can make changes and always go back to the base tune
3. Yup All my laptops run XP and HPT works fine on them