Sponsored by:

Hp Tuners Question.

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 11:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hp Tuners Question.

http://hometown.aol.com/tranzam777/9...11-06-04-2.csv
This is what my log runs look like where do I need to go from here? Please remember that I've only had HP Tuners about a week now and I'm completely new to tunning.
Old 11-11-2004, 12:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

You've got some KR. Turn on the Scanner Histograms and log the default items. Right-click on the histogram and choose Average value. Any cells with non-zero numbers need to be corrected in the Engine: Spark Advance: High Octane table. So if the 1600x0.24gms/cyl histogram cell shows average KR of 2, reduce timing in the HO table by two in the matching cell, and in the surrounding cells by 1* to keep it a smooth transition.

Your LTFT's are running a tad rich. You could probably lean it out 4-5% across the board in the Fuel Control: General: Flow Rate vs. KPA table. Or better yet, review the HPTuners Basic How-To's section for Volumetric Efficiency and use the STFT/LTFT histograms.

You O2's at WOT appear to be in a safe range. I wouldn't attempt to adjust your AFR leaner unless you have access to a wideband or have an idea what O2 values correspond to WOT values on your particular vehicle. Even then I'd be careful.

$0.02
Old 11-11-2004, 08:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Jim I'll see what I can come up with.