Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help with a good starting point

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 01:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with a good starting point

I am currently building a 5.3 for my truck. i know the guys on here are mostly into 5.7's but i dont have a camaro. The guys in the truck section arent as helpful or have as much insight as you guys in here.
Anyways, ive got longtubes, p/p heads, ud pulleys and an MTI C1 cam. what would be some good tables to go with on ls1 edit. how much timing/fuel etc.
I am also going to be running a 150 wet shot of nitrous.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can probably get by with more timing advance. Also the VE will be better with the heads, headers, and cam. So you can fiddle with the VE table to get the ltrims slightly negative.

You need some way to monitor it, to tell where and how much...

The wet shot - you should tune the a/f for that by the jet combination. You may have to pull a little timing. You could have 2 tunes, one with less timing for when you plan to spray.
Old 11-17-2004, 03:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John_D.
You can probably get by with more timing advance. Also the VE will be better with the heads, headers, and cam. So you can fiddle with the VE table to get the ltrims slightly negative.

You need some way to monitor it, to tell where and how much...

The wet shot - you should tune the a/f for that by the jet combination. You may have to pull a little timing. You could have 2 tunes, one with less timing for when you plan to spray.
thanks