Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems after cam install

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 08:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems after cam install

I resently put in a custom grind cam, it is pretty big... high 230's intake and high 240's exaust on a 109.5 lsa. Now for some reason the car is having the following problems:

1. The car is pulling 6 deg of KR as soon as you start the car, then it starts to taper off as you let the car idle, but it will intermitantly come in and out. If I give it a little gas then the KR goes away, but at idle the KR is causing some bad surging.

2. If I launch the car the converter will flash but as soon as it does the car shifts immediatly into 2nd gear, and the car just falls on its face. If I let off the gas and roll for a little bit then slap the gas again the car seems to act normal. I used EFIlive to lock the trans into 1st and the car takes off as normal.

3. I will be crusing with the converter locked usually around 45-50 mph and then stomp the gas to pass someone and the car will not unlock the converter nor will it downshift. The converter just stays locked and bogs the motor again. Then 2 minutes later I go to do it again and everything acts as normal.

The car is not throwing any codes. This is the only thing that we changed on the car, so it has to be part of the problem....does anyone have any idea what this could be?

Thanks in advance

Wes
Old 11-18-2004, 07:48 AM
10 Second Club

To the TOP
Old 01-28-2005, 11:05 PM
TECH Regular

old post, but it is you MAP settings in the PCM

vacuum being stolen by the larger cam is confusing the TPS which confuses the tranny sending it into limp mode

coker