Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno tuning questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2004, 03:06 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyno tuning questions

I'm going to be changing numerous internals on my '98 camaro myself, in my garage... Different valvetrain heads/cam and adding an ATI procharger the D-1SC race kit.. I've never done so many mods to a computer controlled car so I had a few basic questions, forgive my ignorance to the matter,, apparently there are no flash tuners I could use..
1. I already have a shop that is willing to Dyno tune my PCM, would I have to tow my car over there after I have the new hardware installed? or Could I drive over there conservatively? Obviously ignition timing, and a number of other factors will be seriously thrown off by the new parts... And the addition of forced induction.
2. Could I damage my new setup by driving it conservatively to be pcm tuned?
3. I hear you can get custom chips delivered to you in the mail? How well do they tune them when you give them your specs?

That's about it, any suggestions or alternatives to somehow get my car within good operating parameters given my new setup would be appreciated. Anyways thanks.
Old 11-19-2004, 03:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if it starts and runs you can drive it there..
Old 11-19-2004, 03:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

How big of a trip are you talking about? If it will fire up and idle ok with no tuning I'd say you would be fine for a 30-45 minute drive. You might want to leave the belt off the blower until you get there.

Chad
Old 11-19-2004, 07:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

provided your stock maf and stock injectors, you can probaly drive it there fine, note: don't go into boost.

swap injectors on the dyno, and go from there.

Ryan.