PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone ever used TSP mail order tune??

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2004, 11:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyone ever used TSP mail order tune??

Just was wanting to know your comments on the TSP mail order tune.
Thanks!
Old 11-25-2004, 11:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I want to know the same!!!
Next month i going to send my computer to them for a program for the magic stick,but i want to see how was the experience with their mail order tunes!!!
Old 11-26-2004, 01:19 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my experience was great same day in same day out. theres really not much they can do besides remove codes and bump the limiter up. which is why i did it. i dynoed my car about a month after i got it and my airfuel never got above 11. so dont think you wont need a dynotune. or buy something like hptuners. either way its a good fix for now if you wont be able to get a tune for awhile but if your able to get one i would definenlty suggest that over the mail order thing. im not bashing them in anyway. everything on my car is from tsp. just saying any mail order tune is not going to get you great results. if i lived within 300 miles of them i would go to them. but i live 1300miles away so out of the question.
Old 11-26-2004, 09:27 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brewerz28
my experience was great same day in same day out. theres really not much they can do besides remove codes and bump the limiter up. which is why i did it. i dynoed my car about a month after i got it and my airfuel never got above 11. so dont think you wont need a dynotune. or buy something like hptuners. either way its a good fix for now if you wont be able to get a tune for awhile but if your able to get one i would definenlty suggest that over the mail order thing. im not bashing them in anyway. everything on my car is from tsp. just saying any mail order tune is not going to get you great results. if i lived within 300 miles of them i would go to them. but i live 1300miles away so out of the question.
We make ALOT more adjustments to the pcm past removing codes & bumping up limiters on a complete mail order tune We tune for startup, timing, t-stats, gears, tranny mods, verters, headers, pretty much you name it. We also update the tune for free for the first year! This helps the customers to make adjustments to their air fuel.

Brewer did you get a complete mail order tune or just a code delete & rev limiter tune? A full mail order tune car usually has a pretty close air fuel. I wonder why your a/f is that rich, what mods are you running?
404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 11-26-2004, 02:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the "Jason" long distance tune on the SS. I/Jason make a few adjustments to the tune since the initial tune, but overall very satisified.

This is what I would suggest: buy the LS1Edit. Download your file, E-mail it to Jason. When you get it back and you need minor adjustments learn to do it yourself - it isn't that hard. It you are having problems Jason is always there to answer any question. You'll have the LS1Edit to upload any changes Jason needs to make

By the way, I totally agree with brewerZ28. If you are close to Jason - go the shop, if not the E-mail tune is the way to go. And if you don't want to buy the LS1Edit, I'm sure Jason will do you right.

David
Old 11-26-2004, 02:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey jason i have hookerlongtubes, tsp231/237 , ls6intake, tsptrueduals, ud pulley, lid and ported tb. 12bolt 4.10's 3.5"ds t56 which is now broken waiting on a th350 to go in. 160 tstat stock 1.7rr tsp ported ls6 oil pump rollmaster double roller timing chain walbro 255 intake fuel pump, gmaf, tr pushrods 918 springs. thats it i think. i ordered the full pcm tune i didnt think you could do much more with out the car being there. i knew it was still pig rich but didnt think it was that bad. im not complaining bro just letting you know. im waiting on hptuners so then i will be able to tweak it myself. beside the car is just going to sit on the trailer till the tranny and some more mods come on. so im not to worried about it.
Old 11-26-2004, 05:03 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by brewerz28
hey jason i have hookerlongtubes, tsp231/237 , ls6intake, tsptrueduals, ud pulley, lid and ported tb. 12bolt 4.10's 3.5"ds t56 which is now broken waiting on a th350 to go in. 160 tstat stock 1.7rr tsp ported ls6 oil pump rollmaster double roller timing chain walbro 255 intake fuel pump, gmaf, tr pushrods 918 springs. thats it i think. i ordered the full pcm tune i didnt think you could do much more with out the car being there. i knew it was still pig rich but didnt think it was that bad. im not complaining bro just letting you know. im waiting on hptuners so then i will be able to tweak it myself. beside the car is just going to sit on the trailer till the tranny and some more mods come on. so im not to worried about it.
i know when i was looking into it they told me to send in the computer if i didnt have edit, they would do the tune & send it back...have me get dynoed with an a/f readout so they could adjust it, then send it back again so they can tweak it if need be.