PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to set PE delay to zero, with HP Tuner???

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2004, 06:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How to set PE delay to zero, with HP Tuner???

I have heard that the better pros really do all the tricks to get the most out of the cars that they tune. One thing mentioned is that they set the PE delay to zero. That sounds interesting. I didn't even know that the was a time lag before the PE will energize. Sounds like there may be a delay.

I couldn't find any mention of PE delay settings in my version of HP Tuners. Does anyone know anything about PE delay, especially if they know the path to it in HP Tuners??? I would love to check it out and see what the delay is on my 03 Zee. Is it a good idea to take the delay to zero???

Thanks,
Paul
Old 12-05-2004, 07:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's under fuel control...power enrich. It's set at 0 on my stock 98 table so I've left it at that.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:46 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by luv2spd
It's under fuel control...power enrich. It's set at 0 on my stock 98 table so I've left it at that.
on cars it is 0, it is used on some trucks, to disable it you can just set the delay rpm to 0. Same as setting the delay to 0.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:03 AM
Teching In

I appreciate the replies, fellas.

I went into engine, fuel control, power enrichment, PE Enable; and expected to find the delay rpm set to zero.

I found the factory settings on my 2003 Vette Z06 set at:

MAP 15
MAP Hysteresis 6
Mode Delay RPM 5500

This doesn't make sense. It appears that PE doesn't activate until 5500 rpm, but my WOT runs do not show that. I would like to understand this a little more, so please share your thoughts.

Thanks
Old 12-06-2004, 05:10 AM
FormerVendor

If RPM is above the delay RPM, PE is not delayed. However, in all cars even though the RPM is say 5500, the actual delay is 0 (we don't show in our editor). So PE is not delayed anyway. We only put the RPM qualifier in for PE delay cos certain truck folks who have PE delay want to disable it and setting this to 0 prevents PE ever being delayed.

I think i will just add the PE delay timer in to avoid future confusion

Chris...
Old 12-06-2004, 07:19 PM
Teching In

Chris,

Good idea to add the PE delay timer to the next version. It would make slow guys like me feel better.

BTW, you HP Tuner guys are OK. You are doing a great job. I think the package really gives us folks a real good value. Keep up the good work. HP Tuner is starting to get noticed. I am glad that I am with you.

Thank You,
Paul
Old 12-06-2004, 07:31 PM
10 Second Club

i have my pe delay rpm @ 2000 rpms, but with a 3500 stall im pretty good. the thing you may want to mess with is the tps% for pe enable. i have mine @ 40% but i have slight tip-in kr problems so it is low to combat that...

Quick Reply: How to set PE delay to zero, with HP Tuner???