Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reading HPTuner Files ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 04:13 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Reading HPTuner Files ?

I know you can't read LS1 Edit files with HPTuners,but what about the other way around.I saw on here somewhere,to change the name from a bin file to a ls1 file and edit would read the tuner files.
If this is correct,how would you do that.I'm not real computer savy at times,so the more detailed the better.

Thanks,
Tony
Old 12-06-2004, 04:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

in edit, go to file, open, change file type to all files, and select the .bin file

When you resave I'd assume it then encrypts the new file so it's only viewable in edit
Old 12-06-2004, 09:15 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks! Worked fine.
Another question-My edit will not read '98 files(edit or tuners).Will I need to find someone who has a '98 license for edit and up grade it to the 1.5 ver.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:48 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by IMKMFAST
Thanks! Worked fine.
Another question-My edit will not read '98 files(edit or tuners).Will I need to find someone who has a '98 license for edit and up grade it to the 1.5 ver.
even 1.5 wont let you read a 98 bin unless it was pulled from the computer by edit, the files they pull are different, edit puts in the vin information in to the flash it takes from the computer, and hp doesnt do that. the vin number is not in the bin or operating system on a 97 98 pcm, only in the 99 up pcms for v8.. jes