PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help with Cold Starts - Rich

Old 12-11-2004, 11:00 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need Help with Cold Starts - Rich

My car backfires when started cold. Other than that, the car runs great and starts without backfires when the car is warm. I have a supercharger and am tuned at a A/F ratio of 11.5:1.

I am assuming that the car is backfiring at cold start up due to being to rich at start up. Is there something that can be changed using HP Tuners that will fix this problem at cold start up but will not mess up my A/F ratio at cruz and WOT?

Thanks,

James
Old 12-11-2004, 12:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

You can adjust your open loop multiplier. Decrease it to lean it out in the areas you're rich.
Old 12-11-2004, 02:59 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by luv2spd
You can adjust your open loop multiplier. Decrease it to lean it out in the areas you're rich.
What do I log in AutoTap to see what areas are running rich. Wouldn't I have to log in open loop? How long can I kept the car in open loop in order to log it?

Thanks for the reply!

James
Old 12-11-2004, 03:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

I thought you said you had HPTuners. Anyways, autotap should work. Just make sure to log your coolant temp, map, and fuel air multiplier and then you can adjust the areas in the open loop fuel/air multiplier table in hptuners. You will only be in open loop until your coolant reaches the temp to trigger closed loop idle.

Search this Thread