Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EFIlive - Flashscan pic

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 09:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EFIlive - Flashscan pic

Not sure if this has been posted or not but I look forward to being able to hook my wideband to the scanning software, then being able to edit!

Also with the "blackbox", I do not have to keep a laptop in the car!

Old 12-14-2004, 10:26 AM
TECH Addict

I'm counting the days - Jan. 3, 2005!!!
Old 12-14-2004, 10:46 AM
Launching!

Old 12-14-2004, 03:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Talking

I bought my EFILive from http://www.tbyrne.com/ls1catalog.html. I do not know what the big deal is to links to other places or boards. We post web sites all the time. This board can not have it all. You know I see a lot of links to HPtuners. Are they a sponsor? Just my two cents..

Bill

{start transmission} beep bop beep bop

Mod Edit:

Yes HP Tuners is a board sponsor

Tech discusision of flashscan is fine... direct linking or pricing of a product that does not sponsor this site... or does not sell through sponsors... is not fine

{end transmission)

Last edited by horist; 12-14-2004 at 11:11 PM.
Old 12-14-2004, 11:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bill... sorry I had to edit your post... Please PM me w/any concerns

Last edited by horist; 12-14-2004 at 11:32 PM.
Old 12-15-2004, 05:07 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Many of us have had a discussion about the EFILive situation and I can tell you I feel comfortable and confident of this:

EFILive7/Flashscan will enjoy full discussion of it's features, capabilities, tuning and monitoring tips, etc, etc. While it appears some discussion made it SEEM there was a bias against EFILive, discussion about it has shown there will NOT be. So we don't have to worry over that.

horist's job in this forum is hard. Moderating is hard. Honoring the sponsors that make this site possible to handle the volume of users and provide incentive for quality content can be made harder when some of those products happen to be sold by competitors of the same product.

But, there is something we who discuss non-sponsor products can do. (I will be a Flashcan AND an LS1Edit user; who knows... I may even be a HPT user if my money flows like that. ) We all know two main issues create a problem:
1. direct linking to a non-sponsor site, and
2. putting non-sponsor pricing directly in a post on the site.

No big deal. Some creative posting avoids that justifiable preferential treatment for sponsors and it's simple to not butt heads with the policy.

We all know how to user a search engine if we need to find a link. We're big boys. Any folk that are directly related to EFILive can even point to one of the several sponsors that sell EFILive/Flashcan, which may (or may not) provide their link. Pointing to those beloved sponsors brings THEM more business AND provides business for EFILive.

Simple.

Now, I have not stated anything horist or any other mod has stated. He was very clear and specific about this. What fudged the issue was insinuations that the new EFILive product would be censored in ways OTHER than the standard preference given to sponsors. I, and a few others got sucked into that due to the way many of the EFILive threads were getting interspersed with info that violates policy to protect sponsors (which protects the board). I simply chose to re-affirm that EFILive discussions about that new product shall be alive and well! And I plan to participate!

I think it's EXCITING!

Let's keep it that way and not allow technical details like how to avoid the sponsor policy issue suck up bandwidth that can be devoted to meaningful discussions.

Thanks, horist, for moderating an exciting... and challenging forum. You guys are starting to beat out the FI section for drama.

Last edited by Black LS1 T/A; 12-15-2004 at 05:14 AM.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:06 AM
LS1 Tech Veteran

I plan to participate too because folks here need to know what a great product EFILive V7 with FlashScan is. Several of us (me included) who have been involved in the Beta Testing and Development of this product will be glad to answer questions that do not violate our Beta Tester Non-Disclosure Agreement.

All my best,

Steve
Old 12-15-2004, 11:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Steve Bryant
I plan to participate too because folks here need to know what a great product EFILive V7 with FlashScan is. Several of us (me included) who have been involved in the Beta Testing and Development of this product will be glad to answer questions that do not violate our Beta Tester Non-Disclosure Agreement.
Great! Lets see...

1. How long does it take (about) to upload a tune?
2. Does it make recommendations?
3. Tell you if a setting is "out of bounds"?
4. Allow you to temporarily adjust... say fuel injection? Similar to how the bi-directional controls work in EFIlive?
5. It is the best tuner you have used?
Old 12-15-2004, 12:26 PM
LS1 Tech Veteran

Originally Posted by Debian Dog
Great! Lets see...

1. How long does it take (about) to upload a tune?
On my truck, it takes a little under two minutes to read 512 kB. To re-flash the tune it takes under 30 Seconds.
2. Does it make recommendations?
I don't quite understand this question.
3. Tell you if a setting is "out of bounds"?
Yes.
4. Allow you to temporarily adjust... say fuel injection? Similar to how the bi-directional controls work in EFIlive?
Yes, all of the Bi-directional functionality of the Pro version of EFILive has been retained and improved-upon. For instance you can adjust idle speed, timing, mixture, etc. in real time temporarily while you are logging data or even if you aren't. You can map any parameter (like a pivot table) within the Scanner without exporting data to a spread sheet application. Now, it won't do everything a spread sheet program like Excel will do. But Excel can't log the stuff EFILive can either. I have the PLX M-300 WBO2 and it logs that data just like any other parameter. In fact, it's set up for two axillary parameters/inputs that operate on 0-5 VDC plus a thermocouple for EGT/Turbine Temp, etc.
5. It is the best tuner you have used?
Yes it is. It's easy to transition from editing and downloading a tune to logging data.
Old 12-15-2004, 12:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks Steve. In regards to #2 what I mean is. I keep seeing that timing table in the screen shots. It that screen telling you what to shoot for on how your car is running or just a pretty screen?

So when I say suggestions will the program have a pop up or help, on say when you get knock retard, and "suggest" you pull some timing.
Old 12-15-2004, 01:17 PM
LS1 Tech Veteran

The screen shot that you're seeing is typical of all of the 3D tables. You can look at most of the tables in either 2D or 3D which can be very informative. You can grab onto the "cube" that houses the 3D table and rotate it any way you want to see if you want to smooth out something to change the "lay of the land." For instance, if there are a group of cells that need to be leveled out a bit, you can select the cells in the 2D table and increase or decrease the value(s) by entering a specific numeric value, a percentage increase or decrease or they can be raised or lowered in any value you want (say .3 steps at at time and three clicks and you've moved .9). There's also built in smoothing functionality which you can use. Now, the program does not make suggestions like increase this or decrease that. For instance, if you're experiencing knock retard, you will have to decide what you want to do (pull timing, enrichen the mixture, or something else). All the screens have helpful descriptions as to what the function of the parameter or table is about.

Steve
Old 12-15-2004, 01:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the info...
Old 12-15-2004, 01:53 PM
LS1 Tech Veteran

One thing that I forgot to mention about the smoothing/blending and table alteration stuff is that when you change the values on the 2D table, you watch it change graphically on the 3D table. So you can fill in a hole or level a mound just by selecting the cells, deciding the technique that you want to use to make the change and go click, click, click with the mouse until the 3D view looks like you want it to.

Steve
Old 12-15-2004, 02:32 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Does this little shot help explain the level of item-by-item descriptions Steve is referring to?

You have items grouped in logical trees and brief descriptions that help remind you what you are doing there.

The interface is very intuitive and a joy to use. I have LS1Edit with two licenses. I guess I will want to go back and review those .LS1 files, sometime.
But, I still have my Superchips programmer, too, so I'm a pack-rat.
Old 12-15-2004, 02:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sweeeeeet!!!!!!!!
Old 12-15-2004, 02:43 PM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks very good. I am current HPT user, almost owned a copy of ls1edit. I own EFI-Live right now, and had hoped to beta the new software (but missed out). I also burn open loop proms for my GN.

I like having tools.

I find that the more stuff you have, the more options you have. I like having options. What I see looks good, and I'm excited to see where it all goes...

Please keep us posted....