Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Worth getting dynotuned?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 10:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Worth getting dynotuned?

With my mods below, is it worth getting a dynotune? I don't plan on adding any more upgrades, maybe a ported TB at most. Anyways how much HP will I get out of getting my car tuned properly? I am aiming for 340rwhp.

Edit: A guy a know has a 02 SS and has pretty much the same as me, except he has a flowmaster muffler, and mac mid-length headers and he dynoed at 340, so I am told.

Last edited by freakynipples69; 12-17-2004 at 11:25 AM.
Old 12-17-2004, 11:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would also like to know since I have the same power mods plus an under drive pulley.
Old 12-17-2004, 12:08 PM
10 Second Club

I would say yes, just be sure that you aren't doing any more mods in the near future that might effect the tune before you commit, or have it done at a shop that will give you a retune for free or at a reduced rate later on.
Again, a dyno tune may not be totally necessary with bolt ons but you should still see some gains from it and the car should respond well (track, dyno, idle, fuel economy) to it.
Old 12-17-2004, 07:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

I guess I should get it done, nice christmas gift if you ask me I want to get my TB ported and polished from Jantzer first to pick up a few extra HP. Anything else relatively cheap I can do squeeze out any extra HP? I have one of those toliet plumbing Ebay smooth bellows I never put on. Think it's worth putting on? I really dont trust that thing, I am affraid it'll break or fall off while I am driving or something.