Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

banging Revlimiter how to fix?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 09:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default banging Revlimiter how to fix?

Hello yall. Ive been having problems hitting the revlimiter on the 2nd to 3rd gear shifts while spraying. This happen to me the first time out spraying. I just purchased a MSD digital window switch and hope that helps solve the problem. I been told that the window switch will make my car shift N/A. My car seems to shift fine N/A ocasionaly hitting the limiter once. I am also gona be purchasing HP Tuners in a month in a half. I have no tune at all right now and have a vig3800 stall. I am hoing that the window switch itself will solve my problem. Some suggestions on how to fix this problem would really be appreciated.
Thanks for reading this and for your time.
Happy holidays.
Old 12-21-2004, 10:11 PM
10 Second Club

on the wife's 99 formy it did the same thing. how i fixed it was increased the shift firmness with my vinci handheld tuner. basically, there is too much input torque and it's causing the transmission to slip more than usual. and this is causing the shift to take longer and hitting the rev limiter. it would bounce off it three times then shift. her car has a stock converter also.
Old 12-22-2004, 05:42 AM
gwj
TECH Addict

Location: Live Oak, FL - in the woods where the creatures lurk.

I'm not spraying, but I fixed mine from banging the limiter after the TC install with a HPP3. I had to set the limit up a little and play with the shift settings, all this with a lot of Autotap monitoring rpm and current gear. It's been working fine for well over 60K miles. Since you're buying a tuner, you can deal with it then.