PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad O2's cause this kind of shit????

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 10:25 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad O2's cause this kind of ****????

After heads install, all else being the same, the car started fine, then after a while was running lean on one side. Not able to hook up edit, left it sit. Days later, my friend started it up, and now its running rich. Kind of wacky on the LTFTs and stalls here n there. I think he said it cranks a little longer than normal too! But my first thought is vacuum leak, but he checked and tightened down the headers and cllector areas, and nothing evident around the intake. So then O2's came to mind and a few others also suspect them. I just wanted to see if anyone else has had same issues and if its most likely culprit is the O2s. BTW, I dont use antifreeze in my car, so it wasnt coolant, most likely its was a combo of old age (original 2000 yr model) and the umpteen gallons of leaded race gas i have used in the past two years

Thanks

Charlie
Old 12-22-2004, 10:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

leaded fuel on o2 sensors kills them, it coats them and makes them not read the air correctly, i would say replace them..
Old 12-22-2004, 10:45 PM
Restricted User

Yep, thats why I suspect they might have decided to take a nap-without-notice! Bastards. Even though ran fine for months after use! Just trying to see if something other than O2s will cause this type of **** to happen.

Charlie
Old 12-22-2004, 10:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you have a scanner right and you can see them sweeping up and down?
Old 12-23-2004, 11:07 PM
Restricted User

no scanner. My friends are working on the car for me while i am here in Afghanistan. I think they should be able to see switching rates using the LS1-Palm, forget the name of it. Pretty cool though. I forgot about doing that though, figure it would set a code, but I guess they dont always do that until they finally **** the bed huh? Good idea, will see about it and post results.

Charlie