Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hot Cam Guys Come In Please

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 04:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hot Cam Guys Come In Please

I am in the process of installing my hot cam.Mass inspectors plug into the OBD2 to check for codes.With out tuning will i get a SES light and after a bit will the computer readjust run with out the light??Any help would be appricated.Specially if the computer will relearn
Thanx,BTLFEDSS
Old 12-27-2004, 05:08 PM
10 Second Club

My guess is you'll need a tune. The Hot Cam is one of the worst for idling. Mine ran pretty rich, even after a custom tune for my Predator. I leaned it up a little more with my HP Tuner, & while the LTFTs read -3.x at idle, it still smells rich so it has to go further yet. And yes mine throws an ocassional code, but it's for the TPS because I had to raise the idle (screw) + drill the hole in the TB blade out to get it to idle at all.

Hope that helps. Good luck!
Old 12-27-2004, 05:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

But with out the tune will be driveable, will it throw codes and relearn after a bit or if i clear the light a couple times will if go away the cars a m6 cars battery is disconnected a upon unishall start i will hold the car up in the rpm's a little to give the computer some time to relearn and adjust.Hot Cam is GM Performance Parts and 1 of the first cams for a LS1 i believe so wouldn't be compatable with the PCM?
Old 12-27-2004, 08:02 PM
TECH Addict

You will not pass without tuning. You will amost definitely throw a misfire code at idle, and you will definitely run pig rich at idle. And your idle will suck.