Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning Calculation Tables!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 08:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tuning Calculation Tables!

I have been searching and reading threads for the last couple of days looking for calculation tables to help with my tuning journey. I have heard about them but never actually run into any of them. Does Any have any or know where I can get them. (ex. Plug your values in from your logged data and out will come values to be used in Hptuners or edit)

I figure I might as well start tuning with my Hptuners since I have had it for 8 months and never actually tuned anything.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Old 12-30-2004, 09:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

well... you can use the histogram feature of the scanner... comparing either the LTFTs or STFTS (only use STFTs if you have LTFTs disabled) ... then can use that as a baseline into the VE table...

HPT 1.6 will allow for more of a cut and paste type feel from my understanding... I forget if this will only work w/wideband though

Key is get your VE table inline... then PE should be much easier to tune (since the value is basically a divisor... assuming VE is 14.7:1 a PE of 1.15 will yield a calculated AFR of 12.78:1

May need to do a *little* tweaking to the MAF table (couple percent) to get it inline w/the freer flowing lid and filter

But.. as I said at the beginning.. use the histograms... they're very nice and tie in well w/the table layout in the edit tool
Old 12-30-2004, 10:43 AM
TECH Resident

i know its asking a lot but if you have time could you please give me an example of using the hystogram to help with the VE table (using actuall numbers)?