Sponsored by:

Surging Idle

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 08:55 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Surging Idle

A little background:
After driving my car to work today, for the first time since installing my program, I've noticed a problem with the idle. If I drive for a bit, go through the gears, and come to a stop. It wants to fall flat on it's face, 200-300RPMS, sometimes even dying, if I rev it a bit it'll stay up and running and eventually go back to idle(800-900 rpm's) I know it shouldn't do this. I've got HPTuners, what do I need to adjust to get it to idle right? I'm pretty much a newbie so if someone will explain in easy-to-do terms. Thanks guys!
Old 01-05-2005, 09:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey, ive been to your town before and stayed at a couple crappy hotels.. ill set up your program for you, jes
Old 01-05-2005, 10:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99FormulaWs6
A little background:
After driving my car to work today, for the first time since installing my program, I've noticed a problem with the idle. If I drive for a bit, go through the gears, and come to a stop. It wants to fall flat on it's face, 200-300RPMS, sometimes even dying, if I rev it a bit it'll stay up and running and eventually go back to idle(800-900 rpm's) I know it shouldn't do this. I've got HPTuners, what do I need to adjust to get it to idle right? I'm pretty much a newbie so if someone will explain in easy-to-do terms. Thanks guys!
Mine used to do that as well, I was running pig *** rich before I cleaned up my VE table, that helped TREMENDOUSLY! To fine tune after that I turned off my Closed Loop Proportional Idle table and bumped the idle from 800 to 850 at operating temps and my idle holds very well now! it'll surge a tad bit when at a stop but nothing more than maybe 100 rpms.. If i'm at a light a rev the motor and release quickly, it will drop to 500 for a second but raise right back up to 800ish as sit quite nicely... I'd say work out your VE and see if that helps!
Old 01-05-2005, 10:50 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by wait4me
hey, ive been to your town before and stayed at a couple crappy hotels.. ill set up your program for you, jes
That would be awesome! I can send you a log file and my .bin this afternoon when I get home.
Old 01-05-2005, 01:37 PM
10 Second Club

You should also read the "Stop drilling your TB" thread. It's all about this problem.