Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 11:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyno Tuning

Hi had a general question about dyno tuning concerning current parts and future additional part. Right now I have

Stainless Steel Works long tube headers
Stainless Steel Works y-pipe
Random Teachnology High flow cats
Flowmaster American Thunder Cat back system
Precision Ind. Vigilant 3200 torque converter
K&N FIPK 2

I was going to install a TNT 100 shot wet kit. My question is should i get the dyno tuning done before or after the nitrous. Cause i was reading that with a wet kit it didnt require any dyno tuning after instalation. Thank you for any information available.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:07 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike_TA
Hi had a general question about dyno tuning concerning current parts and future additional part. Right now I have

Stainless Steel Works long tube headers
Stainless Steel Works y-pipe
Random Teachnology High flow cats
Flowmaster American Thunder Cat back system
Precision Ind. Vigilant 3200 torque converter
K&N FIPK 2

I was going to install a TNT 100 shot wet kit. My question is should i get the dyno tuning done before or after the nitrous. Cause i was reading that with a wet kit it didnt require any dyno tuning after instalation. Thank you for any information available.
Go ahead and get the dyno tuning done without the nitrous. But have the wet kit installed before you go to the dyno. If you have some time after the thing is tuned, then try the nitorus on the dyno with a "rich" fuel jet just to be safe. Observe the wide band O2 readings and dial in the nitrous to a "safe" but powerful level.