Go Back   LS1TECH > LS1-LS2-LS3-LS6-LS7 PERFORMANCE > PCM Diagnostics & Tuning
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

PCM Diagnostics & Tuning
HP Tuners | AutoTap | Diablo | MAF Translator | HPP3 | FAST | Gen7 | Big Stuff 3
Sponsored by
Diablo Sport

Welcome to LS1Tech.com!
Welcome to LS1Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join LS1Tech.com today!

Old 01-13-2005, 02:25 AM   #1
TECH Apprentice
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 0
Default Does pulling the negative battery terminal reset the computer?

Hello all. I swapped MAF and I wanted to reset the computer. I disconnected the negative battery terminal for about 30 minutes thinking this would do it. When I started the car again the radio presets were still there. Did I reset the thing or do I need to pull a series of fuses? Thanks in advance.
Martingale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 02:57 AM   #2
10 Second Club
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 7

I think it's gonna take at least an hour to reset it unplugging the battery. There are 2 fuses that you can pull, but I don't remember which ones, maybe someone else will chime in.
Old 01-13-2005, 03:03 AM   #3
10 Second Club
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 15
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by calongo_SS
I think it's gonna take at least an hour to reset it unplugging the battery. There are 2 fuses that you can pull, but I don't remember which ones, maybe someone else will chime in.
Yes it will take some time with the battery disconnected to make any kind of difference, not sure if it has to be the negative one or if either terminal will do. I used to leave it overnight just to get a good reset.
My battery was disconnected today (positive side) for my QTP header install and my radio presets remained intact after reconnecting as well but the clock was off/wrong, I think the radio has internal memory for a few hours of no power.
The two fuses to pull are the 'PCM BAT' and 'PCM IGN' I think but I like the overnight battery disconnect method better.
LS1LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 06:39 AM   #4
TECH Fanatic
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 0

Clearing computer.

1.Turn key to the On postion but don't start the car.
2. Remove PCM Bat and PCM Ing. fuses, they are located in the engine compartment.
3. Wait 5-10 minutes then turn the ignition key off.
4. Replace the fuses and start the car.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:39 AM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird

Paid Advertisement