PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats the easiest way to tune correctly?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 08:47 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Whats the easiest way to tune correctly?

With so many threads about the little technical stuff like tuning maf frequency, ve table population, SD tunes blah blah blah it gets very confusing...Im not a complete newbie to tuning but im far from a rocket scientist like it appears some of you are, but for instance last night I finally got my WB going and hooked it up to my gtp and went out to get in a final tune Already had most of my stuff worked out so all I needed was wot so i work the pe a little to get my wot where i want it and get my timing to where i need it so theres no KR my ltrims are in pretty good shape even with the stock ve table/ifr tables neg 0-5 at all times and at wot goes to .8 so it would seem its ok, but the only thing is my commanded a/f is a full point off of what the actual is ie commanded is 10.7:1 vs. actual at 11.7:1. From what i understand it just makes it easier to tune when they are identical but if I've already covered all my basis whats the point? Is it just some want to be overly dialed in or is it me that is so completely out of the loop I dont know what is going on? I would assume if everything looks good and stays good then it is good am i wrong in thinking this?

Thanks
Bill
Old 01-13-2005, 08:20 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn man, don't you know how to do anything?