PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

0 stft, but +12 ltft @ idle???? How do I get ltfts - @ idle w/HP Tuners?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 09:27 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 0 stft, but +12 ltft @ idle???? How do I get ltfts - @ idle w/HP Tuners?

Like the title states, my ltfts are +12 at idle. This indicates a lean condition- right? I multiplied my MAF table by 113 and flashed the pcm. Figure that 112 + 1 would put me at -1 ltft. Car would not start. I copied my base tune maf figures into the table to get her running again. What did I do wrong?

Should you multiply the whole table by, say "113" to get the ltft #s you want? or should I change only lower rpm cells to get my idle ltfts down?

or

should I just be patient and wait until I can log some part throttle figures and tune my part throttle ltfts?

I should note that my car is garaged until the snow melts, so I have not had "real time drive" tuning? only scanning at idle.
Old 01-15-2005, 10:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You need to be in the Ve table - Not the Maf table.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

To get your Ltrims in the ball park you need to adjust your injector scaling. If you have stock injectors and haven't touched this table, this is one main reason why you have high Ltrims, you are lean and the computer is trying to fix it for you.

You installed a bigger cam, which means more air is going into the engine all the time, so you have to add more fuel, IFR table. For starters, multiply your IFR table by 90%

Make sure you don't have any exhaust leaks. To find out if you have a leak, one simple way is to drive you car while montoring your Ltrims, accellerate up to say 5k and then let off the gas and let it go to idle, if you have a huge change in your Ltrims, you are somehow getting air into the exhaust pipes, either by the heads or where the headers and y-pipe meet.

Use a stock MAF and don't touch the table. If you must, don't tweak it by no more than 5%.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:32 AM
TECH Regular

That is what I am talking about. Good information!

When it warms up we should meet up Billiumss
Old 01-16-2005, 07:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I see you are north of me, I tuned a guy from the Cleveland area last year, His name is John...
Old 01-16-2005, 07:27 PM
TECH Regular

Billiums,
I made adjustments to my IFR table and my car is still very lean until the car warms up. Is there a way to target ltfts during start up? what happens is my stfts are like 13 until the car warms up. This makes my ltfts average about the same. As the car warms the stfts average 0 and the ltfts range from +8 - +12.

I would like to send you my tune so you can check it out if you don't mind.

my email is edukatek12@aol.com

Quick Reply: 0 stft, but +12 ltft @ idle???? How do I get ltfts - @ idle w/HP Tuners?