PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mail order tune - who's is best?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 06:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Mail order tune - who's is best?

Hope this is the right section to post this in!

I would like to buy a good mail order tune for my LS1 and need some suggestions as to who is good for this. I need it tuned for heads, cam, larger injectors, etc. Who is the master of tuning and are these people usually willing to work back and forth until the car is tuned perfectly?
Old 01-16-2005, 07:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well... I don't know that there's really a master tuner... it's mostly opinion since most people will only ever deal w/1 maybe 2 tuners...

Where are you located? There may be a sponsor w/in driving distance so you can talk 1 on 1 ... if not I'm sure you'll get lots of suggestions (I was very happy w/the dyno tune speed Inc (www.ls1speed.com) did on my car, and they've been doing mail order tunes for a while now)

There are alot of really good shops out there though
Old 01-16-2005, 07:08 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by V8er
Hope this is the right section to post this in!

I would like to buy a good mail order tune for my LS1 and need some suggestions as to who is good for this. I need it tuned for heads, cam, larger injectors, etc. Who is the master of tuning and are these people usually willing to work back and forth until the car is tuned perfectly?
good luck man. its hard to tune not knowing what the car is doing or responding to. your best bet is to get it done at a dyno w/ wide band by someone who actually knows what going on.Ive had a couple of bad exsperiances w/ mail order it'll never be right
Old 01-16-2005, 08:54 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Where are you from?Maybe there is a good tuner close to you.