Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT1edit and 2 or 3 Bar MAP's

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 12:05 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1edit and 2 or 3 Bar MAP's

tried searching all sorts of different keywords but couldnt find anythign concrete on tuning a boosted setup on an LT1 platform using a 2 or 3 bar MAP, obviously in a perfect world i could ditch the MAF and run a 3 bar on a stock pcm with infiite tunign ability on a dyno but unless i can get the info on whether/how to run a 2 or 3 bar map im SOL. seem severyone knows, no one wants to tell. :p
Old 01-19-2005, 12:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Default 2 Bar Map

Originally Posted by GrimpalaTT
tried searching all sorts of different keywords but couldnt find anythign concrete on tuning a boosted setup on an LT1 platform using a 2 or 3 bar MAP, obviously in a perfect world i could ditch the MAF and run a 3 bar on a stock pcm with infiite tunign ability on a dyno but unless i can get the info on whether/how to run a 2 or 3 bar map im SOL. seem severyone knows, no one wants to tell. :p
I am using a 2 Bar on a 95 LT1 with great results. A 1 bar map reads from 15 inches of mercury to atmospheric where as a 2 bar map reads from 14-15 psi of boost to 15 inches of mercury. The advantage of using a 2 bar map is that if you are running 14-15 lbs of boost then you can tune your timing tables according to KPA vs MAP and eliminate the need for a BTM. A 3 bar map reads from 30 psi of boost so unless you plan to run that much a 3 bar is out, there is also a slight voltage difference between a 1 bar and a 2 bar so adjust accordingly. Hope this helps out.................Moehorsepower....