PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gonna need to pull a rabbit out of a hat on this one!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 10:41 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gonna need to pull a rabbit out of a hat on this one!!!

Ok I have my car dynoed when it was bone stock a year ago and it made 314. Stock airlid and all. Went to the Dyno a year later with longtubes,airlid, GMS MAF, fuel pump, Ported TB, and now it is down to 298RWHP. What the hell?? Last week the car was running unusually rich so I checked it out and the header had burnt an 02 wire, so I fix that put new plugs in the motor and its running fine again. Now this past Sunday I take it to the Dyno and find the hp loss out. When I come to a stop it acts like the car is searching for idle from 400 to 1000 off and on. Any light at the end of the tunnel on this?? Help would surely be appreciated!!
Old 01-24-2005, 10:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like possibly a vacuum leak ... I'd put your stocker MAF on too...

did you have a wideband hooked up during hte dyno? what was your AFR? Are you experiencing any Knock?
Old 01-24-2005, 10:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm, maybe a burnt fuse? bad o2? did you reset your computer after you fixed the burnt wire? do you know the ltrims on each bank?
Old 01-24-2005, 11:05 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the quick help guys! I will run home and get the graph now, it was rich tho. Also my first dyno chart had really smooth lines and the new on the lines are jagged all the way through the RPM band............I checked the fuses, reset the computer.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:13 AM
Staging Lane

I did remove all of the AIR stuff on the car and plugged off the one vacumn line on the drivers side towards the rear of the motor....Think I just need a good tune, didnt think I would need a tune that bad tho.........?
Old 01-24-2005, 08:54 PM
Launching!

u might have a burnt fuse
thats what happened when my o2 wires got burnt
Old 01-26-2005, 08:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by EZMONEY
Ok I have my car dynoed when it was bone stock a year ago and it made 314. Stock airlid and all. Went to the Dyno a year later with longtubes,airlid, GMS MAF, fuel pump, Ported TB, and now it is down to 298RWHP. What the hell?? Last week the car was running unusually rich so I checked it out and the header had burnt an 02 wire, so I fix that put new plugs in the motor and its running fine again. Now this past Sunday I take it to the Dyno and find the hp loss out. When I come to a stop it acts like the car is searching for idle from 400 to 1000 off and on. Any light at the end of the tunnel on this?? Help would surely be appreciated!!
when you say you fixed the burned o2 wire-does that mean you fixed the wire
or did you replace the sensor