Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

G5X3 114 Idle and LTFT w/ HP Tuners

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 06:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default G5X3 114 Idle and LTFT w/ HP Tuners

I'm making good progress getting my G5X3 to behave. It will now idle in all temps. It also starts cold and starts hot. It acutally likes starting cold better.

I have been tuning LTs with decent success.

If I do mostly normal driving, I am rewarded with LTFTs close to 0 and +1. I occassionally get some +4s. The car pulls strong at part throttle and has nice pops and burbles on decel. 02s are somewhere around 850-880 mv during 30-40% TPS acceleration.

I am frustrated with the LTFTs after extended idle periods. The car will have a tendency to show larger + values from 4-6 in the .4-1.2 and 40-85 cells.

Is this something I can't avoid due to the overlap in the cam and the extra air present in the cylinders? Will it negatively affect the car's performance and confuse the tune?

Thanks for your input.
Old 01-27-2005, 08:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Closer_2001
I'm making good progress getting my G5X3 to behave. It will now idle in all temps. It also starts cold and starts hot. It acutally likes starting cold better.

I have been tuning LTs with decent success.

If I do mostly normal driving, I am rewarded with LTFTs close to 0 and +1. I occassionally get some +4s. The car pulls strong at part throttle and has nice pops and burbles on decel. 02s are somewhere around 850-880 mv during 30-40% TPS acceleration.

I am frustrated with the LTFTs after extended idle periods. The car will have a tendency to show larger + values from 4-6 in the .4-1.2 and 40-85 cells.

Is this something I can't avoid due to the overlap in the cam and the extra air present in the cylinders? Will it negatively affect the car's performance and confuse the tune?

Thanks for your input.
Anyone see similar? I feel if I keep adding VE % at idle the car is going to be PIG rich
Old 01-27-2005, 03:35 PM
TECH Addict

No, by adding to the VE in those cells (using the average value over the scan) it should bring the LTFT's down, and not make the car go pig rich, so to speak.