Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinion: SD Tune: Correct?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 10:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Opinion: SD Tune: Correct?

Guys, I would like to get your input on this. I would like to know if I am on the right track to tuning this beast. As well as some other questions, but I will search for those first and come back if I don't find the answer. Anyway, we finally got the LM-1 hooked up and on track with HPT. This past Saturday we headed to a Dyno Day at A&A Corvette, I didn't know we were on the list until Friday night, I had just asked about the event. The car dynoed the best of 387.79 rwhp at 6500 rpms, and 349.39 rwtq at 5300 rpms ... but the WBO2 readings from A&A said it was about 14.0:1, but it keep being blown out from the exhaust. You can see the screen shot of the log at almost peak in 3rd (TH400 w/race 8" converter (4600 stall)) below. The next day, we headed out to LACR to get real time data and start fully tuning. I was able to get the AFR numbers lower, but I am not sure if I am heading in the right direction, or if I am doing this right (Opinions Please?). The screen shot can also be viewed below, both log files can be downloaded from the link below as well. Let me know what you guys think, thanks!

Dyno Run:
Screen Shot
Log File

LACR Run:
Screen Shot
Log File
Old 01-27-2005, 10:21 AM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

you are getting there. If you can find a Mustang dyno with an Eddy Current load feature, go strap the car down, and run it there.

Get the new version of HPT (1.6), and start varying load on the dyno so you can hit the points on the histogram. Then use the new paste feature in HPT, and you'll have your AFR dialed in.

Here is what mine looks like (before and after)...

reputable U.S. Tuner MAF tune.

Can you say bad?

After help from the Australians with SD...

Can you say good ?
Old 01-27-2005, 10:28 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can say way better
Old 01-27-2005, 11:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is good to know that I am on the right track, thanks J-Rod. Now I just need to adjust my commanded AFR to 12.8 and I'll be good. I doubt 12.3 is good. I'll see about that varing load thing. I can see you hit more cells than I did, but that has to do with the different loads you mentioned, right?
Old 01-27-2005, 07:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by J-Rod
you are getting there. If you can find a Mustang dyno with an Eddy Current load feature, go strap the car down, and run it there.

Get the new version of HPT (1.6), and start varying load on the dyno so you can hit the points on the histogram. Then use the new paste feature in HPT, and you'll have your AFR dialed in.

Here is what mine looks like (before and after)...

reputable U.S. Tuner MAF tune.

Can you say bad?

After help from the Australians with SD...

Can you say good ?
Not too shabby.