Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EfiLive

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 10:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default EfiLive

how much does it cost from just starting and od you need a o2 wideband like lm1 or any other wideband reader
Old 01-28-2005, 11:09 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i believe its priced at $699 and you should really either get a w/b or tune on a dyno with one...some people can tune by reading plugs but you really need to know what your doing.
Old 01-28-2005, 12:57 PM
LS1 Tech Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You might check on the EFILive website about the introductory pricing that is set to expire on Monday, 1/31.

In order to tune properly with any of the tuning software, you're going to have to use a wide-band oxygen sensor. Most tuning that is done on a dyno (unless it is an eddy current type which is relatively rare here in the US) they will be setting up the mixture based on power output at or near wide open throttle only. If you are going to drive your vehicle on a daily basis, you need to get the VE table adjusted for your cam and head setup which will require a WBO2 and doing a lot of logging of part throttle conditions.

I'm a former mechanic and you cannot "read" plugs to nearly the kind of accuracy that will be required to really tune your vehicle. In days gone by, if you were running a bigger cam with a stock carburetor and the plugs plus stumbling and other indications were that the vehicle was running lean, you could go to a size larger jet. However, that is not adequate working with a PCM and fuel injection. You can sort of get there by monitoring your NBO2's already in your vehicle.

I hope that this helps.

Steve

All my best,

Steve
Old 01-28-2005, 01:06 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Bryant
You might check on the EFILive website about the introductory pricing that is set to expire on Monday, 1/31.

In order to tune properly with any of the tuning software, you're going to have to use a wide-band oxygen sensor. Most tuning that is done on a dyno (unless it is an eddy current type which is relatively rare here in the US) they will be setting up the mixture based on power output at or near wide open throttle only. If you are going to drive your vehicle on a daily basis, you need to get the VE table adjusted for your cam and head setup which will require a WBO2 and doing a lot of logging of part throttle conditions.

I'm a former mechanic and you cannot "read" plugs to nearly the kind of accuracy that will be required to really tune your vehicle. In days gone by, if you were running a bigger cam with a stock carburetor and the plugs plus stumbling and other indications were that the vehicle was running lean, you could go to a size larger jet. However, that is not adequate working with a PCM and fuel injection. You can sort of get there by monitoring your NBO2's already in your vehicle.

I hope that this helps.

Steve

All my best,

Steve
thats only if you own autotap or efilive already...if not its 699.