Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does EFI Flash Scan Support 2 Bar

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 03:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Does EFI Flash Scan Support 2 Bar

My question is does EFI Flash Scan support a 2 bar map? I didn't see anything about it on their forum. Or is that feature something thats only available through STAR Performance? On another thread it was talked about as if it were a built in feature to Flash Scan and I'm just not finding any info about it...

Thanks
Old 02-05-2005, 08:58 PM
10 Second Club

Flashscan supports any operating system that is out there and I believe will cover any new ones like the new HPT 2-3 bar as well as there own.

Talk to Starr Performance as I am sure the 2 bar is about to be released for sale to the general public as well as there own in house 2 bar.
Old 02-06-2005, 12:22 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Tomcat
I believe will cover any new ones like the new HPT 2-3 bar

That would be a big mistake.

Ken
Old 02-06-2005, 03:43 PM
TECH Resident

Man, so its BS that EFI live has 2 bar capabilities

On another thread it was implied that EFI flash scan has 2 bar built in. Or am I missing something? Or was it BS
Old 02-06-2005, 06:14 PM
10 Second Club

EFILIVE flashscan is a tuning program that alters the tables in the binary code , it can alter any table if the table locations are found.

Just like a factory program can be modified .

Some of the development team wrote some new code as well that Starr Performance and Chipmaster have been using for 2 years now running 2 bar code , water injection, valet mode and dual spark speed density.

You would need to contact the sponsors on when this will be released to their customers and how much

I cant see why it would be a issue for Flashscan to support third party code ken , no different to them supporting gm code to supporting your code to them supporting any custom code , I know I have sucked out some different operating systems and have requested support , at present I can only edit them in hexworks which is a little slow.

Ripped have you sent email to anyone requesting to buy 2 bar with a definate order ?
Old 02-06-2005, 07:15 PM
FormerVendor

I cant see why it would be a issue for Flashscan to support third party code ken , no different to them supporting gm code to supporting your code to them supporting any custom code , I know I have sucked out some different operating systems and have requested support , at present I can only edit them in hexworks which is a little slow.

Not a good idea unless you would like us to help their customers bypass their licensing scheme. After all, it's only third party support.

The calibrations are locked for use by our customers/software/hardware only.
If you want to be an infomercial for EFI Live , fine. Just don't touch our products or technology.

It's also very flattering to see that when we do something there is a big "wait, we have that too!!"... Simply amazing from a bunch of folks who consistently call us behind the curve and playing catchup.

It's not just an enlarged VE table that correctly follows the 2bar sensor Tomcat. There is also a fueling table vs %boost. So please do some reading before you start making comments.

Ken
Old 02-06-2005, 07:18 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Hmm..

HP Tuners releases an all-in-one product first.
HP Tuners releases V6 products first.
HP Tuners releases an Enhanced IO with both inputs AND outputs first.
HP Tuners releases 2bar products first which you can purchase right on our website.

Pretty clear to me who the innovators are.

- Keith
Old 02-06-2005, 08:25 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Super Sport X2
Not a good idea unless you would like us to help their customers bypass their licensing scheme. After all, it's only third party support.

The calibrations are locked for use by our customers/software/hardware only.
If you want to be an infomercial for EFI Live , fine. Just don't touch our products or technology.

It's also very flattering to see that when we do something there is a big "wait, we have that too!!"... Simply amazing from a bunch of folks who consistently call us behind the curve and playing catchup.

It's not just an enlarged VE table that correctly follows the 2bar sensor Tomcat. There is also a fueling table vs %boost. So please do some reading before you start making comments.

Ken
No infomercial ken - I will leave that to you , I am just a very satisied customer.

All the first you claim may be to the general public but EFILIVE have been helping out some of the proffesional tuners for a long time . First would be LS1edit for releasing this stuff to the public then you guys for your open source project that got redirected.

What does any of this have to do with the topic ????? never seems to stay on topic wih you guys.

Oh yeh I had the first Monaro in the suburb - does that count

I see why most people dont bother posting too much , maybe I should go over to all your posts and post off subject ??

At least the EFILIVE guys dont get on here bagging anyone or saying they are the BEST , they seem to just concentrate on keeping customers happy rather than telling them they ARE happy.
Old 02-06-2005, 09:46 PM
TECH Resident

EFILIVE flashscan is a tuning program that alters the tables in the binary code , it can alter any table if the table locations are found.

Just like a factory program can be modified .

Some of the development team wrote some new code as well that Starr Performance and Chipmaster have been using for 2 years now running 2 bar code , water injection, valet mode and dual spark speed density.

You would need to contact the sponsors on when this will be released to their customers and how much

Ripped have you sent email to anyone requesting to buy 2 bar with a definate order ?

I wasn't trying to start something here. If you read my post I was wondering if in Fact EFI had 2 bar tuning available. And I now understand it does but only through Star or Chipmaster? Right? I don't own HPT or EFI Flash scan, but I have a boosted application and was just looking for some answers.

And Tomcat I haven't emailed anyone requesting to buy a 2 bar yet.... Wasn't sure it was even available (i.e. the point of my post)

Thanks for the input everyone.
Old 02-06-2005, 10:01 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ripped427
I wasn't trying to start something here. If you read my post I was wondering if in Fact EFI had 2 bar tuning available. And I now understand it does but only through Star or Chipmaster? Right? I don't own HPT or EFI Flash scan, but I have a boosted application and was just looking for some answers.

And Tomcat I haven't emailed anyone requesting to buy a 2 bar yet.... Wasn't sure it was even available (i.e. the point of my post)

Thanks for the input everyone.
Ripped I am sure if you email them requesting it they will answer honestly without the hype.
Old 02-06-2005, 10:01 PM
TECH Resident

Ripped I am sure if you email them requesting it they will answer honestly without the hype.
Thanks
Old 03-01-2005, 09:30 PM
Staging Lane

Tomcat... Ken is right.... they did their homework and its not fair for hpt that efilive bypases or add support to work that has been done by hpt. and I am sure that efilive will do it either...

If they do have support well they do and its their own work, but not copying from other companies...