Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP tunning

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 12:47 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HP tunning

Just wondering how much and how hard it is to learn to use HP tunners. Looking to get one in a few months. Just wondering If it was something I would have to spend day and night trying to learn?
Old 02-06-2005, 09:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You don't have to spend day and night learning it but it will help. It's not that HP Tuners is hard to use, but these cars have gotten complicated to tune. There are so many different tables and adjustments that can be made now it's amazing. That's why they've become so efficent. The computer is a powerful tool. I'm from the ole fun days of dwell meters and timing lights and I'm slowly learning this new stuff. You won't learn unless you read and practice it. It's not something you can pick up in a day or two. There isn't really clear cut step by step instructions to get your car tuned perfectly because every car is different. But there are lot's of guides and knowledgeable people here and on other boards that will make the learning process a little less frustrating.
Old 02-06-2005, 09:19 AM
TECH Addict

Jeff,

Easy on the advertising in here. I've looked at 4 threads in the last minute and everyone of them have your ad for selling the hypertech. That's not the answer those people are looking for and there is a For Sale section close to the bottom of the Forums page. There is a reason you can't post in that forum until you get your post count higher than 50.
Old 02-06-2005, 09:45 AM
TECH Regular

Hey thanx! I guess you said every thing in that little paragraph. Just one more question that I'm worried about, Is there any way I can screw the computer up in my truck with the tunner? (witch I"m sure there is) If so then how hard would it be to fix?
Old 02-06-2005, 11:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by wannagofast
Hey thanx! I guess you said every thing in that little paragraph. Just one more question that I'm worried about, Is there any way I can screw the computer up in my truck with the tunner? (witch I"m sure there is) If so then how hard would it be to fix?
Just save your stock bin file somewhere safe and upload it if you screw up!

I have spent numerous hours of reading and searching to get where I am at with tuning using HP Tuners, which isn't very far! But I feel I have a basic grasp of the concept and it just takes a lot of trial and error to get it down.
Old 02-06-2005, 10:13 PM
TECH Regular

So when I get an HP tunner I will be pretty much on my own (except for the people on here and all) Could they send a basic performance tune to me and let me work from there? sorry if this sounds stupid but I"m just a little worried about doing something like this.
Old 02-06-2005, 10:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

no ls1 tuning comanies give you a starter file to my knowledge, you start with the stock file and make your own changes.

Ryan
Old 02-06-2005, 10:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nope, HP tuners won't do that for you(send you a basic tune). On HP tuners board(forum) there is a post called "tuning for dummies", that will really help the beginner out. I gleaned a lot of info off that post especially on trans tuning.
J
Old 02-06-2005, 10:50 PM
TECH Addict

You can also visit Horist's website and download other peoples tunes and view them with HP Tuners software and see what they are doing with setups similar to yours to get some ideas.

http://www.horist.com/hptuner/