PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why Wont BS3 Turn Fuel Pump On???

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 10:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Why Wont BS3 Turn Fuel Pump On???

The BS3 is installed and wired as instructed but it wont tell the fuel pump to turn on. Any have this problem or know why its doing this?
Old 02-10-2005, 10:51 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,090 Likes on 718 Posts

Check with whomever you bought it from, mine was not configured to run the pump and I had to send it back to have that done.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:00 AM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Theres I/O's that need to configured like John said,its a simple fix...
John hows the BSIII treating u...
Old 02-12-2005, 04:17 AM
Staging Lane

Default BS3 Fuel Pump

Originally Posted by 2toneblown
The BS3 is installed and wired as instructed but it wont tell the fuel pump to turn on. Any have this problem or know why its doing this?
The BS3 system comes wired to run a fuel pump relay with either a positive trigger or a negative trigger, depending on your set-up.
Check your harness labels or manuel to determine which style you need to use,and make sure that you do not feed the fuel pump directly, you MUST use a relay.
Buster
BRracing
Old 02-12-2005, 09:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BRracing
The BS3 system comes wired to run a fuel pump relay with either a positive trigger or a negative trigger, depending on your set-up.
Check your harness labels or manuel to determine which style you need to use,and make sure that you do not feed the fuel pump directly, you MUST use a relay.
Buster
BRracing
In the manual it talks about GM fuel pump & Ford fuel pump... The GM (if I remember) is the Fuel Pump HI and is a positive RELAY trigger and the Ford- fuel pump "L" is the negative TRIGGER..
Old 02-12-2005, 10:25 AM
Staging Lane

Default BS3 Fuel Pump

Originally Posted by Flipper
In the manual it talks about GM fuel pump & Ford fuel pump... The GM (if I remember) is the Fuel Pump HI and is a positive RELAY trigger and the Ford- fuel pump "L" is the negative TRIGGER..
I believe that is correct. You should have wired a New relay with a heavy gauge feed, and use the positive trigger to close the contacts on the relay and turn on the fuel pump. If you need help with the relay wiring let me know.
Buster