Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ETC/TAC LIMITERS on take off after Torque management removal

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 05:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ETC/TAC LIMITERS on take off after Torque management removal

I have a Vortech 8100 in my 97 Chevy truck (conversion) Everything works great, I've had it for about a year now. I decided to remove torque management completely. I've disabled the abuse modes and modified the tables viewed many posts here on ls1tech on how to do this and do it right... Now the truck hauls *** and does not lose power in gears 2-4 but in first gear The ETC isn't opening all the way up.... If I floor it off the line, It will start off gently then when it gets up to 4000 RPM it will take off. Also, if I am cruising in second gear and I floor it the throttle will close almost halfway before it downshifts into 1st. I'm using a 4L80E. I checked out my ETC limiters and they are all set at 5500 RPM. Traction control is set at 20MPH/sec.. tried changing all that didn't do a thing. Tried modifying all the KR tables didn't help either. I need a little advice before I start messing with ETC tables. What tables do I need to edit and what values should I change them to? Are there even any tables in edit to cure this problem? I've read the steps on removing Torque management but I guess on my application I need to do something else since it's an electronic throttle?
Old 02-11-2005, 01:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK just figured out the problem. Since I deleted TM the max allowed airflow for TAC opening was too low. I went into the max allowed airflow by tps% and raised all the values by 120%... I also raised the traction control MPH/sec change to 40... OMG this thing really takes off now! I lay rubber in first gear and chirp on 1-2 shift. I can feel that the electronic throttle is opening without hesitation as soon as I step on the gas!

Quick Reply: ETC/TAC LIMITERS on take off after Torque management removal