PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

weired car act when at WOT?

Old 02-12-2005, 08:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default weired car act when at WOT?

when i press the gas pedal to the floor ( WOT) in my 2000 M6 Z28 at first it pulls fine then after 2 or 3 seconds it feels like something is holding the engine from its power then after like 1 or 2 seconds the engine is back to its full power then again it is repeated some times in this manner i can't understand what causes this i don't have SES light also today i deleted the cats and installed pipes instead but that didn't help at all for that thing car has ~56000 miles on the odometer. when the car is at nutral and press the gas pedal the engine seems to be OK no act but when i'm on the street it acts that weired way. could that be from the transmission itself or could that be bad spark plugs or bad spark plug wires how about the coils themself? thanks for help.
Old 02-12-2005, 06:16 PM
gwj
TECH Addict

Location: Live Oak, FL - in the woods where the creatures lurk.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Abdullah, it's that sorry cheap 100 octane gas you're running. JUST KIDDING!
...changed your fuel filter lately? Just a thought.
GJ
Old 02-12-2005, 10:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

GJ, acutally i'm running a 95 octane unleaded fuel i didn't replace the fuel filter but if i'm going to do so i think a btter thing to do is a tune up isn't that right? i will try a tune up and see what will happen.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

actualy i found the reason, it was a dirty throttle body that needed cleaning and maybe was cleaning the IAC and something else of that kind. the dirts were because of that the previous owner put a K&N filter without oiling it (with the red K&N filter oil) and caused all kind of dirts to enter the engine.

the dealer who discovered the reason for the car's wiered acting.

i solved that problem a long time ago maybe 2-3 years ago.

i know it is late for me to post the explaination but i did it (post) (smile).
Old 09-16-2008, 12:06 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Abdullah
actualy i found the reason, it was a dirty throttle body that needed cleaning and maybe was cleaning the IAC and something else of that kind. the dirts were because of that the previous owner put a K&N filter without oiling it (with the red K&N filter oil) and caused all kind of dirts to enter the engine.

the dealer who discovered the reason for the car's wiered acting.

i solved that problem a long time ago maybe 2-3 years ago.

i know it is late for me to post the explaination but i did it (post) (smile).
i need some input from u. i read your fix to the problem but ive also read on here that the oil gets sucked in causing detonation

need advice
Old 09-16-2008, 12:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nemss1
i need some input from u. i read your fix to the problem but ive also read on here that the oil gets sucked in causing detonation

need advice
i'm not sure about oil getting sucked into the engine but the dealer told me that the inside of the throttle body and the sensors connected to the throttle body from inside the throttle body were dirty and they cleaned with i guess WD-40 and that solved the problem.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:27 AM
12 Second Club

when u said feels like something is holding the engine from its power, are u talking about bucking?

my car bucks at WOT but i know i need a tune
Old 09-16-2008, 01:10 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats why I run stock paper filters in my car. Dont have to worry about that dirt getting through so easy.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nemss1
when u said feels like something is holding the engine from its power, are u talking about bucking?

my car bucks at WOT but i know i need a tune
yeah, maybe you call it bucking. it is like if the car is pushed forwared for a 1 second then leave the car then pushing it forward then leaving it and so on.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:26 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Abdullah
yeah, maybe you call it bucking. it is like if the car is pushed forwared for a 1 second then leave the car then pushing it forward then leaving it and so on.
just trying to get some input. mine bucks. i know i need a tune. so now i can get a tune and if that doesnt help, ill try what u did

Search this Thread