PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need a little Help with my LTFT tunning!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 01:50 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need a little Help with my LTFT tunning!

Hey guys I just can't get the LTFT to come out right. I get close, then seems like right as I'm fixing to 0 them out it starts to go the other way on me. Here are the basic steps I've been doing.

1. Disable MAF & copy High octane spark table to Low Octane table & Flash
2. Warm car up to temp, Reset fuel trims, force Closed loop mode
3. Data log without going into PE mode for 25 -30min tring to get as many as posible of the squares filled in using LTFT Histogram set to Average.
4. Take the histogram table and Add the value's back on the Secondary VE table so the negitave numbers subtract and positives add, then flash with that bin file.
5. Warm car up to temp, Set closed loop, reset fuel trims
6. And repeat the process.

I've done it like 6 times (3-4 today alone) And can get it to like 0 to -5 but can't get it down to 0 to -1 like I've read in many threads is the goal. Is it really posible to get the LTFT's down to 0 or -1 across the table? If so then what I'm I doing wrong that is causing it to not balance out right?

Any Help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 02-13-2005, 02:48 PM
TECH Junkie

once you get close, -5 - 0, you want to make smaller changes. If your histogram shows -4.6 you only want to change your VE by -2. Also, don't smooth your VE after you are done making the changes.
Old 02-13-2005, 03:03 PM
Launching!

Is there an easy way to do that? Meaning is there say an option to paste special 1/2 half or something? or just record it and then manually make the 1/2 or adjustments? Thanks for the advise by the way I was starting to get frustrated with it.
Old 02-13-2005, 03:18 PM
TECH Junkie

I use flashscan, so I couldn't tell you about HPT. I use a spreadsheet to recalculate my VE table.
Old 02-13-2005, 05:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

turn off the ltft's (engine>fuel control>open and closed loop) then select ltft off. reset them when you start scanning. watch the stft's and make changes to your ve using those. 1:1 ratio. if stft says -5 then add -5 to your ve table at given interval. this should fine tune them. hope this helps.