PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0153 ... will this code affect performance?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 03:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0153 ... will this code affect performance?

Last week my car threw this code and was studdering / would barely run. So this weekend I went home and swapped out my o2's for the other 2 o2's i had laying at my house that came off my car when i installed my LT's. After the car relearned the fuel curves,timing and how to idle again its been running great. But since the swap my SES light has been lit up 2 seperate times by the same code. However these times when the SES light is turned on, my engine doesn't studder or anything. Its still running fine.

The code is P0153. If my engine is still running fine when the SES is lit, is it going to hurt anything to not take care of the problem right away?

When I log data, i notice that my Bank 1 sensor oscillates alot more often and from higher to lower values than my Bank 2 sensor. Is this normal? Or should they be roughly bouncing back and forth at the same rate and w/in the same value range?

Since i'm still gettin the code after swapping the o2's ... could it be a problem in the extensions or other wiring. Or is it just an issue w/ the o2's not heating up correctly b/c of the LT's?
Old 02-16-2005, 02:34 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate O2 sensors so damn much prob after prob... damn them damn it....