Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie tuning questions

Old 03-04-2005, 11:19 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Newbie tuning questions

OK, I bought this 2002 Z28 with H/C/spray, and the usual bolt ons with long tubes, true duals, etc. Anyway, it runs pretty good, but has a hard time idling when cold. Once warm its fine. It has never really had a custom tune done, like on a dyno. Its pretty far for me to get the car to a tuner, so I was thinking maybe I could get it close myself. Would something like a predator work for this? I also plan to change gears when I get the 9" installed, so I'll need to change the program for that too. I was going to buy a scanmaster and some sort of handheld tuning device, so I can read O2's and knock, does the predator data log at all? I know I can't match the quality of a professional tune, but I can probably get it better than it is. I had a scanmaster on my Gn before going to a FAST system, so I'm kinda familiar with them. Thanks for any help!
Old 03-05-2005, 01:05 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

but has a hard time idling when cold
looks likes its something else that is not related to the tune .. check your O2 sensors or your MAF????

Did i get what u r asking for???
Old 03-05-2005, 02:40 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

I am getting a scanmaster soon so I can at least see what the values are for those items. It runs fine once warm.
Old 03-05-2005, 02:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Head...cam....and gas and you dont have a tune. You need to get a tune.

If you want to do it yourself you can go to www.hptuners.com and get the software to do it yourself. Youll also need a wideband.
Old 03-05-2005, 05:01 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

I bought the car like this, it was Jordays old car. He had some tuning done but said there was a lot left in it with a better tune. I would like to take it to Speed Inc. to be tuned, but the logistics are against me. I have a couple guys closer to me that might be able to help.

Search this Thread