Sponsored by:

uhhh.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 08:40 AM
KVU
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default uhhh.....

This is an odd one.......(I'm using tunercat)
OK, the wot upshifts worked fine before I changed speed calibration values to match the 4.10 gears. With the VSS recalibrated, the car will not upshift at WOT. Right now I'll have to lift slightly (during a WOT pass) in order to upshift. Tunercat has a foolproof setup for the VSS stuff. I know it was recalibrated right because the speedo reads correctly. What do you think? Is it possible for the pcm calibration to prevent upshifts? Is there something in the transmission that would prevent upshifts(if damaged)? I see a table called "shift time vs tps vs shift(normal mode).....could use that to correct the problem at WOT? The thing is that I dont want to compensate within the PCM if something within the transmission is fubar'd....
Old 03-06-2005, 08:42 AM
KVU
Staging Lane

this is a 94 t/a.....
Old 03-06-2005, 01:12 PM
KVU
Staging Lane

Think I figured it out, the shift points need to be recalibrated for the 4:10 gears. I thought fixing the speedo would also correct shift points.....
Old 03-06-2005, 01:58 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

glad to hear you got it worked out so quickly
Old 03-07-2005, 07:22 AM
KVU
Staging Lane

I didn't test out my idea yet. The calculator I used says that I lowered the 2>3 shift enough for it to engage 3rd.

What will prevent WOT upshifts? I have datamaster, what transmission values should I look for? The Datamaster EE beta is awsome, I highly recommend it.

(update: The A4 transmission is very dependant on fluid temp/pressure. Due to the difference in line pressure, the MPH shift points are aprox, not actual. I just had to lower the shift points some more like I though.)

Last edited by KVU; 09-30-2005 at 10:17 AM.