Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Prob with O2's. Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 08:45 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prob with O2's. Help

My car had 22K on it and I got a few mods done which included longtubes. A little after that I got a code for the front O2's. I replaced the front O2's with AC delco's. The ses light turned off and the car ran fine.

Well I am now getting a code for the front O2's agian and it has only been about 4K since I put them in. Can they already need replacement or is something else up?

Also if anybody knows a good website to buy some ac delco O2's for cheap please post a link. Thanks
Old 03-09-2005, 11:46 AM
On The Tree

Stop wasting your money. Long Tubes typically set off o2 codes because #1, you're getting alot more exhaust gases out, and that means more air/fuel in the combustion chamber; and #2, with the increase in exhaust gase outflow, your car is either running rich or lean, depending on circumstances. Go to Autozone, get your cars' PCM scanned, jot down the codes, and then look them up here:

Title: SES Code Lookup
Description: Several sites for looking up Service Engine Soon lights
Purpose: Code lookup and diagnostics
Location: https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagnostics-tuning/209783-need-lookup-ses-code-look-here.html
Quick Jump: http://www.obdii.com/codes.asp
Quick Jump: http://gearchatter.com/
Old 03-09-2005, 12:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Talking

I was getting the codes after LT's and I installed the Bosch#13111 O2's (from rear vette) and it cured my problem. You might try it.
I tried all kinds of things all with no help until I installed these O2's. The wiring is longer also and you do not need the extenders.

Good luck.
Bill
Old 03-09-2005, 05:52 PM
Teching In

The code I keep getting is p1133. I figured it had something to do with the lt's becuase I read that other people with lt's were having the same prob. I was just going to autozone and getting the code cleared every so often, but it would just come back within a week or so.

I'm selling the car and I want to get this porb fixed before I sell it. I don't want the ses light to be on and have the person buying the car think that its a lemon. Anybody eles have any luck with the vett rear o2's. Can any problems come from using these or will everything still run smooth.

Thanks for the info and thanks for all the links for the different codes.