Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

engine start up

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 07:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default engine start up

hey guys, i just started the new motor today and WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it sounds and feels amazing.....i have no words to describe my feelings right now.

I have a concern though. It cant seem to find a comfortable idle. It was tuned for the new motor. I was wondering if this is usual or something to worry about.

the first few times it wouldnt even try but as time passed it tried but couldnt hold it.

any suggestions. Im not sure if this is the right section so ill post in another as well.

thanks
Old 03-10-2005, 08:45 AM
TECH Addict

also, i wanted to add that adter the tune, i put the pcm back into the old motor and it idled high around 1500. Is this common due to the new tune or do i have a bad sensor like the iac?

thanks,
Angel
Old 03-11-2005, 05:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What are your IAC counts and what is your throttle position sensor reading at idle?
Old 03-12-2005, 12:06 AM
TECH Addict

ok, this just in....

"STUBORN LIFTER FOUND, MOTOR IS RUNNING LIKE A CHAMP!!!!!!"

Turns out that the lifter was just messing with me and it finally charged and idle is fine but most importantly, the motor form A.P.E. is with out a doubt amazing. The rumble is CRAZY and the motor had no issues. Rockers where all torques down nice and well balanced, again, i would like to thank A.P.E. (Nick, Chris, Rudy, and all the guys/uh..people) for their hard work and for supplying me with a monster...IT definitely has earned the title as "Angel 408ci Monster"

Well, gotta go and have some fun...hehehehe...again, thanks A.P.E. for the excitment, possibly the best decision ive made concerning my Z....

P mack:
dude, or dudette.....thanks for the help, it turned out not to be tune related.....the counts were checked and i can remember but they were within range....thanks again...