PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much Hp can I get from a tune?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 01:14 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much Hp can I get from a tune?

How much HP can I get from a tune with
only mods listed? Thanks for any reply.
Old 03-21-2005, 01:21 AM
TECH Resident

What mods do you have?? getting HP and TQ from a tune will vary from each individual tuner doing the work. I would have to say that with you having an automatic you have torque reduction so that will net some gain and slightly tuning I might guess around 10-18 HP and possibly 8-12TQ. I'm guessing but I have seen gains similar to that with a stock automatic car and just having someone professionally tune it. The car did however have new intake lid, new bellow, air filter, and 160 thermo (how much that matters idk)
Old 03-21-2005, 08:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I agree with ZL1killa, as a tuner that is a question that I get asked everyday and one that is difficult to answer. A lot depends on how far out of tune your car is now and that varies alot from simularly modded car to car. I've had customers come in for a custom tune, baselined their car and sent them home. I knew that for the time and money that they would spend, that possible 5 RWHP would not be worth it. Then again, we see many 30-40, even much more if their tune is way off. Also, we are finding other problems, such as fuel delivery, O2s, spark etc on a high percentage of the cars that come in for just a custom tune. We have a car back this morning for the third time because of other issues that he needed to resolve first. This obviously adds to the value of custom tune services.