PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EFIlive vs. HPTuners, has anybody used both?

Old 03-21-2005, 10:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EFIlive vs. HPTuners, has anybody used both?

I'm looking at some software and these two seem to be the best, has anybody used both? I like the EFIlive for the fetures and black box datalogging, but I like the HPTuners for the multiple vehicle use and large database of users. Any comments would be appreciated.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...Live+HP+Tuners
Old 03-22-2005, 09:00 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by trophystock
I'm looking at some software and these two seem to be the best, has anybody used both? I like the EFIlive for the fetures and black box datalogging, but I like the HPTuners for the multiple vehicle use and large database of users. Any comments would be appreciated.
I have both as well as LS1edit , flashscan .

From a proffesional standpoint I use Flashscan exclusively now , the logging and feedback is exceptional and since I use it on the dyno all day the interface is very important to me.
I also find the feedback from them with regard to issues is very quick - same cant be said for the competition from my experience.

I was involved in the early beta testing so I may be a little bias but the software did help me to get my car into the 10's and for a time be the fastest LS1 in Australia.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:38 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,088 Likes on 716 Posts

HPT has been selling out a lot longer than EFILIVE, there is a pretty massive userbase.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Although I have the new version of EFILive flashscan, it's still vaporware for 98's.

Based on past experience from EFIlive, I bet it will be end of year if ever before it's available for 98's since EFIlive isn't doing any of the work to get it out. Privateers are building the software for 98's for free, but EFIlive gets the money for the software...what a deal.

If you have a 98, you still have to pay to get EFIlive like I did, but it's useless for tuning. Still waiting and waiting and waiting for it be finished so I can tune with EFI flashscan rather than just scan. As a result I have paid for software to tune but can't use it so am still using LSedit to tune.

If you have a 98 get HP tuners instead.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:03 PM
TECH Addict

Location: sojourning....looking for my city whose builder and maker is God.

I have all three. Each of the three have some features that the others don't have and once you get use to these it is hard sometimes to change. But, I like:

1. HPtuners for tuning
2. EFI for scanning, second to HP Tuners for tuning (just because I am more use to HP for tuning)
3. LS1 Edit....well I am use to it.....but the other two are better.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:45 PM
TECH Addict

I have Edit.................nuff said.
I have EFILive FlashScan - Love it. What a huge improvement over Edit. Easy to use and fantastic user support.
I ordered HP Tuners last week but haven't received it yet???
Old 03-23-2005, 06:34 AM
FormerVendor

I have both and I am about to start using Live to scan all vehicles and tune my own. HPT will be used to flash after scanning is complete.

HPT ATM doesnt filter out bogus data which to me is imperative to dialing in the vehicle. ATM we are stuck writing excel spreadsheets and pearl scripts that will allow us to clean up any invalied data.

The fact I can make any map/histograms is a big plus for me as it gives me the greatest flexibility when scanning and making decisions on what to tune and what needs to be changed.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:43 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HumpinSS
I have both and I am about to start using Live to scan all vehicles and tune my own. HPT will be used to flash after scanning is complete.

HPT ATM doesnt filter out bogus data which to me is imperative to dialing in the vehicle. ATM we are stuck writing excel spreadsheets and pearl scripts that will allow us to clean up any invalied data.

The fact I can make any map/histograms is a big plus for me as it gives me the greatest flexibility when scanning and making decisions on what to tune and what needs to be changed.
I totally agree with Humpin on this. I am going to be doing the same as well here in the next few days. Until 2.0 is released and they offer more features and benefits, I don't see any other choice.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:33 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,088 Likes on 716 Posts

I have seen some screenshots of 2.0 and it was pretty sharp. It's definitely as professional as the aftermarket pcm stuff I have. I have a BS3 and had a FAST before that.

Search this Thread